Some of the technical features of the HortiDemoCentre includes
- Drain water is recycled, but first disinfected by UV-C radiation using a Ridder Vitalite system.
- Rainwater is harvested and storage is installed for 500 000 litres.
- The pump room is part of the greenhouse and covered in double walled polycarbonate instead of greenhouse film.
- Fertigation is the responsibility of the Ridder FertiMix unit, sized for the facility. Four fertiliser dosing channels provide various recipe options.
- The greenhouse has a motorised shading system to protect crops against excess light levels.
- A centre pathway of concrete provides easy access for crop cultivation and harvesting activities.
- A bio-security entrance room helps maintain hygiene.
- A safety rail on the two side gutters, 5m above ground, prevents falling during maintenance activities on the greenhouse.
- IP net in the roof vents protects the crops against insect damage.